Elizabeth Warren Is a Liar

John Keenan, Senior Political Analyst

For the past 30 or so years, Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren has claimed to be a Native American, when she is in fact over nearly 99% white. She has listed this on her applications for Harvard University and many other law schools. Now it is important to mention that there has been no evidence that she has benefited in any special way in the hiring process to schools like Harvard as shown by a recent article in the Boston Globe. However, the issue is that she could have easily used it to her advantage in the hiring process as schools are clamoring to get a more diverse faculty base to fulfill the quotas mandated by laws, as well as to appeal to potential enrollees who value diversity in their school. This is shown by the fact that she was advertised as Harvard’s “first women of color.” Moreover, the main issue comes from the fact that “Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.” as the Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr stated in a response to her recent DNA test. She has continuously insulted those who have legitimate tribal ancestry with the way in which she has had the audacity to continue to claim tribal ancestry when the evidence says otherwise. So the question then becomes what evidence has she provided to state that she is Native American, and why is it wrong?

The original piece of evidence she offered as proof of her minority status was an entry that she authored into a Native American cookbook titled Pow Wow Chow. How this proves that she is Native American is beyond me, but what is even more laughable is that her recipes in the book were on a crab dish and Mexican oatmeal soup, which as everyone knows are big traditional hits among the Oklahoma Plain Indians. Ironically she has stolen those recipes from other cookbooks, thus making a great allegory for her current predicament.

Then for some bizarre reason, she referenced that she was Native American because her grandparents had high cheekbones. This argument is beyond absurd and frankly appeals to racial stereotypes in order to find legitimacy. She should be condemned by all who respect equality and are against racism.

Elizabeth Warren’s most recent argument that she is a Native American is a DNA test that was released a few weeks ago. The Test basically says that there’s a possibility that she has a great, great, great, great grandparent who was descended from the people that came across the Bering Straits. Now it is important to note that this does not mean that she has Cherokee ancestry as current tests do not distinguish between those who were native to North or South America. Therefore she could have very well had an ancestor who was descended from the Aztecs, and by extension not Cherokee as she has claimed. But for sake of argument let’s give her the benefit of the doubt, and say that she has a Cherokee ancestor. The test says that she has between 1/64 and 1/1024 Indian DNA.  That means at best she is 0.015% Native American and at worst 0.00097% Native American. The most laughable part of this is that in either case, she has less Native American DNA than the average white person, and as alluded to earlier the Cherokee nation has rejected her DNA test as not proof of tribal association.

So the question then becomes why would a white person continue to claim that she is Native American when all evidence and logic says otherwise? I can not say for certain, but I would theorize that she is either a mentally deranged person who needs to be institutionalized or a cunning person who is trying to benefit from the culture of identity politics.

Your welcome for the knowledge

John Keenan (Senior) is a beat writer and head political analyst for the Spinnaker website. He also is head of the schools Political Society.